Kerry Cleopatra and ekoo
Gawler local and Publicity Officer at the Gawler Community Gallery, Marie Vonow attended the talk by guest speaker and ekoo founder, Kerry Cleopatra at the Gawler Sustainable Living Festival, and left feeling inspired.
‘Healthy You, Healthy Community’ talk by Kerry Cleopatra
Kerry created her own brand ekoo. She sells organic herbal teas, skin care and aromatherapy products. Kerry does facials using organic products and runs workshops on healthy living.
Kerry’s talk was easy to listen to and encouraging as she did not lecture. Whilst Kerry encouraged the audience to buy from markets rather than supermarkets and to act in an environmentally friendly manner, her main message was to ‘cut yourself some slack’. She pointed out the importance of being kind to yourself instead of berating yourself for being less than perfect in environmental matters.
Kerry’s messages included
- do what works for you
- don’t stress yourself out when trying to help the environment
- work at reducing consumption of goods without feeling deprived
- if you are a shopaholic or feel you overindulge in certain activities ask yourself why you do it
- if you feel you want to change things, make a list and pick one to work on rather than trying to change everything at once
- if you feel what you have and are doing is working for you, don’t feel you have to change
I left Kerry’s talk feeling inspired. I caught up with her again at her stall and was able to chat to her about her philosophy of self care and caring for the environment.
Publicity Officer Gawler Community Gallery