Looking Back with the Bunyip: Wednesday 12th January
Looking back at Gawler’s history through the columns of the Bunyip Newspaper with Janette and Kay Boon from Wednesday 12th January 2022
- 150 years ago The Bunyip reported on a shocking death,
- 100 years ago the council was discussing the purchase of a street sweeper
- 50 years ago the Bunyip featured a story about a Bunyip,
- 25 years ago Publicans were raising concerns about a “pokie tax”
- 10 years ago there were concerns about the activities of a local firebug.
Kay and Janette also discussed the Gawler Then and Now image. This week the photo is a 19th century view of Todd Street.
More information about the International Gliding competition held in Gawler can be found here. https://magazine.glidingaustralia.org/features/203-gawler-2001-the-introduction-of-club-class-wgc-and-grand-prix
For more about Gawler’s history and a wonderful collection of images go to https://gawlerhistory.com/Main_Page
Read more local news at the Bunyip Website here https://bunyippress.com.au/