Looking Back with the Bunyip: Wednesday 24th March
Looking back at Gawler’s history through the columns of the Bunyip Newspaper with Editor, Sara Gilligan from Wednesday 24th March 2021.
- 150 years ago The Bunyip ran a story about chess in Gawler,
- 100 years ago an article about a memorial library was printed,
- 50 years ago a story with the headline, “Duke here tomorrow” was published,
- 25 years ago a local saw Olympic success and,
- 10 years ago a farming feature was printed.
This is the last podcast with Sara as she is moving on to a new position as Editor of the Southern Argus. We wish Sarah all the best with her future career and thank her for her time at the helm of our own paper.
Read more local news at the Bunyip Website here https://bunyippress.com.au/
Opening and closing music taken from A Tribute to Robbie Burns by Dougie Mathieson and Mags Macfarlane