Looking Back with the Bunyip: Wednesday 24th February
Looking back at Gawler’s history through the columns of the Bunyip Newspaper with Editor, Sara Gilligan from Wednesday 24th February 2021.
- 150 years ago Gawler prisoners feature in The Bunyip,
- 100 years ago Gawler was bombarded with lumpy hail,
- 50 years ago a story on the Opening of a Red Cross shop was printed,
- 25 years ago a $5.3m centre start was reported,
- 10 years ago Groups supporting the Gawler station canopy made the news.
Read more local news at the Bunyip Website here https://bunyippress.com.au/
Opening and closing music taken from A Tribute to Robbie Burns by Dougie Mathieson and Mags Macfarlane